This recipe also falls under the mini Quiche recipes category because the Quiche mixture is put into individual little cups and then baked in the oven.
If you have kids or want to make a nice presentation, having little Quiche cupcakes will delight children and guests alike.
There are not many crust-less Quiche recipes as easy to prepare as this one. It uses spinach making it similar to a Quiche Florentine, just in a smaller cupcake version.
As far as the South Beach Diet is concerned, it is not necessarily considered a “vegetarian recipe”. but is one of the phase 1 recipes from the diet itself that helps you eliminate bad carbohydrates. Since it does not contain any meat it falls in the “vegetarian.”category.
If you are looking for a flexible weight loss diet that is easy to stick to and healthy, the South Beach diet might be for you.
It has three phases and eliminates bad carbohydrates and fats while showing you
how to eat the good carbs and good fats.
You can learn more about the diet here and get a one day example diet plan of the diet here.
Vegetarian Quiche Recipes – To Go
(From South Beach Diet Recipes)
VEGETABLE QUICHE CUPS
What you need:
- 1 package (10 ounces) of frozen chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup of liquid egg substitute
- 3/4 cup of shredded reduced-fat cheese
- 1/4 cup of diced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 3 drops of hot-pepper sauce (optional)
Steps to make Vegetarian Quiche Recipes -to go:
- Microwave the spinach for 2/1/2 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
- Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, and spinach in a bowl.
- Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
TIP: You can use any other appropriate vegetables or reduced fat cheeses in this recipe. These Quiche cups can be frozen and reheated in the microwave at a later date too.
Per serving: 77 calories,
- 9 g protein
- 3 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fat
- 2 g saturated fats
- 160 mg sodium
- 10 mg cholesterol
- 2 g fiber
If you have any favorite vegetarian Quiche recipes or crust-less Quiche recipes, feel free to share them on this site.
Image on this page is courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net by “Quiche With Zucchini And Tomato Baked Cheese” by Apolonia