Paleo Diet Weight Loss – Eat Like A Caveman
Paleo Diet Weight Loss
Loren Cordain, PhD, the man who wrote the Paleo Diet says that eating the same way prehistoric man did, we can be slimmer and less apt to get certain diseases like cancer, heart issues or diabetes.
Paleo diet is a diet high in protein and fiber and claims to help you lose weight without cutting back on calories.
What Is The Paleo Diet?
The paleo diet is a diet based on eating only certain types of foods. These foods are the same type of foods that humans ate during the Paleolithic era (in other words caveman!) As a matter of fact some common other names for this diet are the caveman diet, Stone age diet,and the hunter-gatherer diet.
A paleo diet plan would include fish, vegetables, fruits, lean meat, seeds and nuts. All these types of foods
could be obtained by either gathering or hunting for them.
Foods that you won’t be eating on paleo are those foods which became popular when man began farming. Things like
milk, dairy, legumes and grains for example. By throwing out these foods paleo diet weight loss starts to happen.
The goal is to eat more like our early ancestors did because of a belief that our bodies are suited more towards
this type of diet.
It is thought that once man began to farm, and produce those foods which came about via farming, there was a big
increase in many present day diseases.
Paleo Diet Weight Loss -Do’s And Dont’s
Eat Lots of fresh lean meats and fruits, fish & vegetables, and of course healthier fats.
You can also eat:
- Healthy oils, like olive oil or coconut oil.
- no processed food on the paleo diet.
- No wheat or dairy
- no peanuts and beans
- no refined sugar
- not Potatoes
- no added Salt
- no Refined vegetable oil, like canola as one example
More About Paleo Diet Weight Loss
- You won’t count calories.
- You fill up on fruits and veggies and lean meats.
- The Paleo Diet let’s you cheat in the beginning.
- At the start of this diet you are allowed to eat whatever you want for three meals per week.
These are considered “open meals.”
Paleo Diet Drawbacks
ON this diet you cook from scratch so you will have to find time to make your meals. For some people
this can be a draw back if time is limited.
Advantages Of The Paleo Diet
You are not allowed to eat salt so if you have high blood pressure this is a great low salt diet.
Even if you eat food that comes in a box or container you are supposed to check the salt content
and not buy foods with salt.
Paleo for Fat Loss
- Here is the recommendation for how you create your meals to lose weight on paleo.
- 4-8 ounces of only lean protein like chicken, beef, lean turkey, lean pork loin and seafood.
Add a few servings of multi colored veggies, they can be either raw, or steamed or slightly cooked.
- Lastly, round out your meal with the good type of fats from things like avocado, olive oil or a few handfuls of un-salted nuts like almonds, walnuts or pecans.
- Eat 3 to 4 of these meals every day and give this a try for at least one month.
- Eat only 1 or 2 servings of fruit each day from fruits like berries and melons.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR 7 DAY PALEO DIET PLAN TO TRY