Low Fat Gallbladder Diet
Having a gallbladder attack or gallstones hurts like hell. The best thing you can do to stop this menacing disease is to change your diet.
Studies suggest that low fat diets and low fat eating prevent gallstones from forming in the gall bladder.
The following information does not show you exactly what to eat for each meal like breakfast, lunch and dinner but you can easily make up a simple gall bladder diet by avoiding the foods in the “foods to avoid list” below and eating from the “foods to eat” list below.
We recommened starting a vegetarian diet which is naturally low in fat and will include low fat foods.
Also, check out these tasty low fat recipes you can incorporate into your diet.
But before you start any low fat gallbladder diet you should be doing a gallbladder cleanse.
Liver Gallbladder Detox
If you are having a gallbladder attack drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of apple juice. It’s a quick pain reliever.
Try this fresh juice recipe before starting any low fat gallbladder diet. It will flush out your liver and your gall bladder and start you on the road to recovery.
You will need:
- 1 beet
- 2 lemons
- 1 or 2 inch piece of fresh ginger. (make sure the ginger is as fresh as possible because if it is old you will not get any juice out of it.)
- Cut your beet into two or three pieces, cut the skin off the ginger and the peel off the lemons and feed everything through a juicer.
Keep this gallbladder juice recipe and drink it every day to keep gallbladder problems at bay or away.
Tips To Stop Gallbladder Disease:
1. For gallbladder inflammation do not eat any solid food for a few days.
Drink distilled water and pear, beet and apple juice for three days.
2. Eat applesause because it helps soften gallstones.
3. If you have gallstones take 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil with the juice from one large lemon (or about 1/4 cup) and take cascara sagrada, an herbal laxative.
Drink this before you go to bed and also when you wake up in the morning. It is best to lie on your side for 30 minutes before going to bed to aid the movement of the stones.
Check in the morning to see if you have passed and stones. Repeat this flush for 2 or 3 days. You can often pass gallstones using this technique.
4. Never overeat if you have trouble with you gall bladder. It will just make it worse.
5. Fasting for a few days will detox your organs and greatly improve any symptoms or pain you may have.
6. Lose weight if you are overweight, because overweight people are much more likely to from gallstones then lean people. If you follow a low fat gallbladder diet you will also lose weight.
You’ll need to take note of what to eat and what not to eat. Here are some foods to stay away from if you are going to go on a low fat gallbladder diet.
Foods To Avoid On A Gallbladder Disease Diet
full fat dairy products like milk and cheese (eat no or low fat dairy if you eat any dairy at all) best to avoid dairy altogether
gluten containing products
colas and pops
pork and pork products
stay away from prepackaged foods as they often contain high fat content or other ingredients that could aggravate the gall bladder
dont’ eat out at M’cdonalds or other fast food joints! (these foods can be wickedly high in fat and will cause you problems!)
Here are some low gat gallbladder diet foods to eat:
Foods To Eat On A Low Fat Gallbladder Diet
cold pressed virgin olive oil
flaxseed oil, safflower, soy sunflower seed or walnut oil flax seed oil
only unsaturated fats
eat omega 3 fatty acids found in things like hemp, fish and flax
eat high fiber foods like high fiber organic breakfast cereal with no added sugar and gluten free whole grain breads and other gluten free products
drink lots of water
Do not smoke because smoking aggravates everything! Including your gall bladder. Same goes for drinking booze. Also avoid artificial sweetners like Aspartame/Nutrasweet.
For further ideas on what foods to eat and which ones to avoid go to check here.
You don’t have to live with gallbladder disease if you make the necessary changes.
Sure, it may mean you can’t just eat anything you want anytime you want, but you have to keep that gallbladder smiling because you don’t want to end up on a hospital table do you?
Following a low fat gallbladder diet will prevent this from happening. ——————————————