Healthy Pasta Recipes
Healthy Pasta Recipes
Yummy and healthy pasta recipes including low-fat and low-calorie:
- healthy lasagna recipe (low-fat with spinach)
- healthy spaghetti recipe (low-calorie)
- low-fat fettuccine with asparagus, or substitute artichoke or zucchini if you hate asparagus.
Are you dieting and love pasta? Looking for a way to cut down on calories or fat?
Take a look!
Healthy Lasagna Recipe – Low Fat
Note: to save a few calories and ensure this will be part of your diet of healthy pasta recipes, you can omit the Parmesan cheese. Also be sure to use low-fat varieties of cheeses because that is what makes this lasagna recipe low-fat. Low fat compared to a typical lasagna that is. If you eat a green salad with low-fat dressing as a side dish you have a complete lunch or dinner for under 500 calories.
Makes: 8 servings
- 500 grams fresh or frozen baby spinach
- 1 tsp. tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large (700 g) can of pasta sauce
- 3/4 chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 300 grams fat-free or low in fat cottage cheese
- 375 ml water
- 200 grams of grated very low-fat mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese
- 4-5 tbsp of grated low-fat Parmesan cheese
- two handfuls of chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 (500 g) package no boil lasagna noodles
Healthy pasta recipes Tip: (if you prefer to buy the type of noodles you boil first this recipe will come out the same, just make sure not to over boil the noodles. They won’t cook a whole lot more in the oven but they will cook a tiny bit more.
Total time to make from start to finish is about 1 hr and 3/4
- Pre-heat the oven for half an hour to pre-heat oven to 350 F. or 180 C.
Cook the lasagna for about 1 hr.
- Using a big pot saute onion, basil, spinach, oregano, garlic in the oil.
- Add pasta sauce and the water and simmer 25 minutes.
- Next in a big bowl combine Parmesan cheese, parsley, pepper and salt, egg, cottage cheese and mozzarella.
- Now, spread a bit of pasta sauce over the bottom of a glass lasagna dish or other oven ready dish
- Lay down 4 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.Top this with more sauce.
- Add another 4 lasagna noodles and top with about half of the sauce and half the cheese mixture.
- Repeat this process until everything has been put in layers making sure to end with sauce on top.
- Put foil over your creation and bake it for around 1 hr in the preheated oven.
Take the foil off and bake another 10 minutes.
Let it sit for 10 minutes or so.
Healthy Pasta Recipes – Calories 400 per serving
Fat 20 grams approx depending on the cheese you use or if you cheat and extra!
Fabulous Low Fat Fettuccine with Asparagus
Healthy pasta recipes tip: You can substitute the asparagus for zucchini or artichokes.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 16 oz. box of fettuccine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium bunches asparagus thinly cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped or quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta by the package directions.
- Next, saute the shallots in oil in a frying pan about 4 minutes over medium heat.Throw in the asparagus then season it with pepper and some salt. Add the chicken broth and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend about one-third of the mixture and then return it to the pan. Add tomatoes and pasta and toss together well.
- Add the cheese and the parsley just before serving.
Healthy Pasta Recipes – Calories: 284 calories, 6 g fat – 2 g saturated fat
Healthy Spaghetti Recipe – Low Calorie
Tip: Use canned tomatoes instead of fresh if you prefer.
When you cook up the beef or turkey make a smaller amount then you might normally. This way you will cut down on calories and fat but still get the flavor.
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 cup of cooked low-fat ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped up
- 3/4 cup chopped up red or white onion
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 16 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- Cook pasta by package directions. Drain the pasta once cooked and put to the side for later. On a deep non stick pan over medium heat cook the turkey breast or beef until not pink.
- Remove the meat from the pan, and set aside. Add your onions, the green pepper, and the garlic to the frying pan. Cook for approx. 2-4 minutes, or til veggies are tender.
- Add the salt, tomato sauce, tomatoes, and Worcestershire sauce plus oregano.
- Return the meat to the pan also, and bring the whole meat and sauce mixture to a simmer. Continue to simmer/cook for 20 minutes.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta.
Healthy Pasta Recipes – Per Serving Calories 290
Fat 18 grams (remember using less meat will only cut this back further, so if you are on a very low fat diet use half the recommended beef or turkey and make sure the beef is the extra lean kind.
Credits for photos:
Photos courtesy of Freedigitalphotos.net artist tiramisustudio -lasagna “Spaghetti” by zirconicusso“Spaghetti Pasta Puttanesca” by KEKO64 “Woman Is Eating Spaghetti” by tiverylucky You can find healthy low calorie or fat pasta recipes at allrecipes.com too