Healthy baked chicken recipes are great meals for everyone but especially for those who are health conscious. Poultry, such as chicken, is lower in fat, especially saturated and trans fat.
Much lower then red meat like steak or beef.
If you are watching your fat or cholesterol intake or have been told to cut down your salt because you have high blood pressure, try these delicious
healthy baked chicken recipes. They are relatively low in fat and salt. If you want to cut down salt intake further then just cut the salt that is called for in each recipe in half.
Each recipe is a flavor burst in every bite.
Your Healthy Baked Chicken Recipes -Enjoy!
Baked Chicken with Sherry And Peach Sauce
This chicken is covered with a sweet and savoury sauce you will love.
Prep time – 20 mins
Cooking time 1 hr
- 7- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup low fat chicken broth
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot
- 1/3/4 cups sliced peaches
- 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic (minced)
- salt, pepper
1. Cut excess fat from chicken. Put the chicken in a large baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and toss the minced garlic on top.
2. Broil under the broil for a few minutes until chicken is slightly browned. Remove from oven and put aside.
3. Use non stick cooking spray and coat a medium size sauce pan. Cook the onions for 5 minutes then add the broth, brown sugar, arrowroot and chili sauce.
4. Bring the sauce to a boil stirring constantly. Take the pot off the heat once thickened a bit and pour it over the chicken.
5. Cover the chicken with tin foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, Then remove the tin foil and pour the peaches and sherry on top of the chicken.
6. Bake without the tin foil for another 30 minutes or so. Make sure to baste it occassionally.
Total fat: 2 gr
Mono saturated fat 0.7 gr
Polyunsaturated fat 0.4 gr
Saturated fat 0.6 gr
Protein 17.6 gr
Carbohydrates 15.3 gr
Fiber 1.2 gr
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 195 mg
Buttermilk Oven Chicken Cutlets
This is one of those healthy baked chicken recipes that tastes like deep fried but without the extra fat. Try them for lunch as leftovers on whole wheat buns.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes. approx.
- 5 cups of cornflakes cereal crushed to 1/3/4 cups small
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/3 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts (thin sliced)
- 1/4 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
1. Preheat your oven to 450F.
2. In a dish combine cereal, parsley, poultry seasoning, garlic salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
3. Pour buttermilk into a shallow dish. Spread the flour on wax paper in one even layer.
4. Cut chicken into six serving size pieces. Lightly coat chicken with the flour. Then dip chicken into buttermilk to coat both sides.
5. Next roll the chicken into the cereal and press cereal in around the chicken.
6. Place chicken in single layer on a baking sheet that you have lined with foil and cooking spray.
7. Bake uncovered in oven for 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Turn chicken and bake another 8-12 minutes. Make sure chicken is not pink.
8. In small bowl stir mustard and yogurt together. Take this healthy baked chicken recipes out of the oven and serve with mustard yogurt sauce.
Total fat 3 g
Saturated fat 1 g
No trans fat
Cholesterol 50 mg
Sodium 400 mg
Carbohydrates 26 g
Dietary fiber 1 g
Sugar 6 g
Protein 24 g
Chicken And Chile Enchiladas
These healthy baked chicken recipes can be made with leftover chicken or you can buy rotisserie chicken at the store and use it instead if you don’t have leftover chicken on hand.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: approx. 30 minutes
- 2 cups baked chicken breast shredded
- 1 package or frozen drained chopped spinach
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup no fat or low fat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 red jalapeno chiles, seeded and finally chopped
- salt to taste
- 6 7-8 inch flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup shredded low fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Toss spinach with chicken in a large bowl. In another bowl stir garlic, yogurt, sour cream, flour and cumin together. Then stir half of this sour cream mix
into the chicken mixture. Stir salt into the other half of the sour cream mix.
3. Spoon chicken mixture down one side of the tortilla and roll up. Click here for best way to roll up a tortilla.
4. In a 12 x 8 x 2 baking dish place the tortillas seam side down. Make sure to spray the dish with cooking spray before hand. Spread sour cream mixture on top of the tortillas.
5. Bake for 25 minutes uncovered. Sprinkle cheese on top and continue baking 5 more minutes. Let stand 5 minutes and serve with salsa.
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 4 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg
Sodium 730 mg
Carbs 34 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 20 g
The above are all healthy baked chicken recipes great for low fat, heart healthy and weight loss diets. If you have healthy baked chicken recipes of your own please share them below.