The idea behind the eat clean diet is to eliminate over-processed, refined foods, especially things like white flour and sugar.
This diet was created by Tosca Reno a family nutrition expert, TV host and bestselling author.
She is a mother of several children and at one time weighed over 200 pounds. She was concerned with her health and realized that in order to live a long healthy life for her kids she would have to lose weight and improve her diet.
She created the eat clean diet plan and eat clean diet recipes and wrote a book about this special diet.
If you are concerned with not only dropping some weight but greatly improving your health this may be the diet for you.
Basic guidelines for the eat clean diet.
- Eat 5-6 small meals each day.
2. Eat every few hours. Every 2-3 hours is a good guideline.
3. Make sure to combine lean protein and complex carbs at every meal.
4. Drink at least 8 glasses of fresh water daily.
5. Don’t miss meals, especially breakfast.
6. Carry a cooler full of clean eating meals to get through your day.
7. Avoid all processed, refined foods.. especially sugar and white flour products. They are not good for healthy diets.
8. Avoid all saturated fats and trans fats.
9. Avoid colas and juices full of sugar.
10. Consume adequate good fats (EFA’s each day)
11. Don’t use alcohol because it is another form of sugar.
12. Avoid foods with many calories that have no nutritional value.
13. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables for the fiber content, vitamins and enzymes they contain.
14. Stick to smaller, proper size food portions.
The actual recipes and more information is in her cookbook (one of many actually) which you can get right here. Tosca Reno’s Eat Clean Cookbook: Delicious Recipes That Will Burn Fat and Re-Shape Your Body!
Eat Clean Diet Plan Example
Options: (her book has fabulous recipes)
- egg white and spinach scramble
- cottage cheese pancakes
- Tofu cabbage rolls
- Chicken strips with tofu
- Low fat turkey burgers
- Roasted salmon
- Pork tenderloin
- Tuna salad
Snacks can include salads, fresh fruit and veggies and low calorie foods that are not packaged, processed or refined.
The most important thing to remember with this diet happens in the grocery store when you shop. Make sure you read labels and do not buy foods that are refined and processed, full of sugar or white flour.
This means not buying pre-packaed conveinence foods but rather natural whole foods as close to the way nature made them.
Try shopping in the organic section because many of those foods are minimally processed and all around healthier for you.
It might be more expensive but if you cut back on how much food you eat, you will find that your grocery bill stays about the same.
Eating clean will clear out your body of all the toxic junk you have built up over time and help your body to function better.
A healthy body absorbs more nutrition because your body starts to digest the food better and also eliminate the digested foods easier and faster.
When your body is very efficient at these processes it is much harder to put weight back on. And also harder for diseases to take hold and develop.
To learn more about the principles of the eat clean diet get the book called The Eat-Clean Diet, Fast Fat-Loss that lasts Forever!
It is a great book to help you with your weight loss and overall health.