Easy Minestrone Soup Recipe
Vegetarian soup recipes often use beans in place of meat just like this easy minestrone soup recipe does. You don’t have to be vegetarian to enjoy it though.
If you happen to cook a lot, get in the habit of making soup stock. Simmer up a batch once or twice a month, pour it in ice cube trays and freeze.
Once the cubes are frozen, store them in a sealed freezer bag that you can thaw quickly in whatever amount you need for your recipe.
One cube of broth equals roughly a 1/4 liquid once thawed.
Tip for making this easy minestrone soup recipe:
The frozen vegetables used in this recipe are part of what makes this recipe “easy”, but you should thaw them a little first before using them .
Place them in a colander and then run hot water over them for a few minutes to break up the ice crystals that have formed on the veggies. Once you can separate the veggies they are ready to use. Cook for 2 1/2 minutes but not longer.
Ingredients to make this easy minestrone soup recipe
I think this is one of the most simple bean soup recipes you will ever make.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 celery stalk with leaves
- 2 tsps. dried Italian herb blend
- 3 tbsp raw quick cooking brown rice
- 1 large potato with peel cut up into 1/4 diced pieces
- 10-ounce package of frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups canned vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini or other small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup small elbow pasta or small shells
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add celery, garlic, onions, and herbs. Cook and stir until the onion is transparent.
2. Add rice, potato, mixed frozen vegetables and vegetable broth. Cover and simmer at least 10 minutes.
3. Stir in pasta, beans and tomato paste. Boil again over high heat.
4. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for about 10 minutes until pasta is al dente.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parmesan cheese to top of this recipe for minestrone soup.
This easy minestrone soup recipe makes 4 servings.
If you have any recipes of your own for bean soups like this easy minestrone soup recipe then feel free to leave your recipe below for others to enjoy.