To stay healthy, and live healthy, includes knowledge of healthy eating and getting proper exercise.
Below are 10 tips for healthy living. They include healthy eating guidelines and healthy lifestyle info in general.
These 10 tips for healthy living are important to ward off sickness and disease and stay healthy. No matter what your lifestyle is now, you can improve it. Print out this page and keep it somewhere.
Use it when you feel you might be slacking at taking care of yourself. Use it as a way to pull yourself back and stay motivated to keep eating and living healthy. Healthy eating active living is the key.
Wake up each morning remembering that your health is number one. Without it you enjoy nothing, not health, not happiness, not your kids, husband, pets or job.
Make healthy living a priority and you will not have to follow diet plans at all. You will enjoy life and all of the things that go with it.
10 Tips For Healthy Living
1. Eat whole natural foods, especially fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and vegetable proteins such as nuts, seeds and beans.
2. You are what you eat so, put only quality food into your body. Eat none or very little sugar, excess fatty and rich foods, and foods with additives or chemicals or man-made coloring.
3. Drink no more than 4 oz. of liquids with meals, as it hinders the digestive process.
4. Chew your food thoroughly, and always eat when relaxed, never under stress.
5. Get lots of fiber in your diet by eating the majority of food by eating according to the number #1 tip above. You should use fiber supplements like psyllium or flax-seed if you feel you don’t get quite enough fiber. Getting enough
fiber is one of the best of the 10 tips for healthy living you should practice.
6. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water every day. This includes herbal teas.
7. Use nutritional supplements and herbs if possible, rather than over the counter or prescription medication. Use natural remedies for minor health concerns.
8. Moderate your use of alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine. Beware of manufactured drugs, and recreational or street drugs.
9. Exercise every day. If you don’t yet have an exercise program, start one that includes activities that will provide endurance, cardiovascular training, strength training and enjoyment.
10. Maintain regular elimination. You should be moving your bowels at least once, if not twice a day. If you are not then be sure to eat more fiber or take supplements to keep your bowels and body clean and free of toxins.
While these 10 tips for healthy living are not all the ways to stay healthy and disease free, they are a good starting point for healthy lifestyle and over-all good health.